There are a lot of laundry sinks available in the market today, so it may get confusing to choose the best one to purchase for your home. Getting the right utility sink can make some household chores more convenient. So, you have to think about a lot of things first before you have a new sink installed on your laundry area. This article will help you gain some tips regarding this concern.
Keep in mind that there are a lot of types, shapes and sizes of these sinks offered nowadays. You have to familiarize yourself with terms like channel and grates for drainage, laundry tubs, and more. Here are some tips to help you finalize your decision when choosing a utility sink:
- Think about why you need the sink — First, you have to determine what your goal is in purchasing a utility sink. You will only get confused by the various types of laundry sinks out there if you don’t know why you are installing it in the first place. Will you be using the sink to wash your clothes? Do you need the sink to bathe your pets? Make sure to check out if the sink that you want to purchase can give you the functionalities that you need for your chores.
- Check out the different materials used to manufacture utility sinks — Aside from performing different functions, utility sinks are also created using different types of materials. Here are the common laundry tub types based on materials used during the manufacturing process:
- Stainless Steel — One of the easiest to clean and perfect for industrial designed homes.
- Cast Iron — A heavy-duty type of sink which is designed to withstand high levels of water temperature. It requires constant maintenance to avoid rust and enamel re-glazing.
- Porcelain — Provides a classic and timeless vibe. It’s also easy to clean and best used for utility or laundry areas.
- Acrylic — Lightweight but durable. It’s also stain and scratch-resistant. However, compared to other materials, it produces louder noises when water hits it.
- Choose an Installation Process — There are two major installation methods that you can choose from when installing a laundry sink. Drop-in and wall-mounted. Drop-in method involves installing a sink through a hole provided within the countertop. It’s best for those who want to have storage space for items like cleaning tools or products. If you want a space-saver laundry sink, you can go for wall-mounted method. It’s basically a stand-alone sink which does not need other structures to function. You can contact your trusted contractor to help you with other more complicated concerns such as adding a channel grate or fixing your existing sink.
If you want more assistance regarding laundry sinks, you can visit Everhard Industries’ website. They have unique designs for laundry and utility sinks which are customized with your preferred cabinet features. They offer professional solutions with high-quality products and services for residential and commercial properties. You can contact them for various kitchen, laundry and bathroom solutions today. For more information at https://www.everhard.com.au/category/interior/laundry/laundry-sinks/.